Our leadership stance for Eagle, Idaho starts with guidance and prayer to our Savior, Jesus. Knowing that HIS will for my life and our community may glorify HIM alone. ~Kenny Pittman~
Our community could benefit from several things, that we believe, would help the local economy and residents of Eagle, Idaho. These items are listed for your review. More detailed information can be requested via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Highlighted items are what we have accomplished!
1. Keep Eagle from growing too fast in the residential housing market (Planned growth!).
We continue to slow growth by setting expiration dates on applications from developers.
We are taking a stance to slow building, by developers, until infastructures are upgraded and in place.
2. Recruit "new and sustaining" businesses to downtown. (Planned Promoting!)
We have hired a Business Development Director for the City of Eagle.
3. Develop Eagle's own "Village" atmosphere partnering with retail/office/apartment complexes.
We have been working on getting our city local businesses and residental areas of mixed use.
4. Keep residents from spending money in other nearby cities. (Purchase Local!)
By getting mixed uses in downtown, we expect that locals will spend local!
5. Focus on the"Live in Eagle / Work in Eagle/ Play in Eagle" concepts.
We are seeing more of this every day as our city grows!
6. Keep our community clean, safe, and engaged.
We have hired an outstanding Events Coordinator keeping the local community engaged with more fun family friendly events. And through our local volunteers helping with trails and community parks.
7. Ensure our Fire and Police departments are funded for the needs of the community.
We have committed to keeping the Eagle community safe with a great partnership with Ada County Sheriffs and the Eagle Fire district.
8. Maintain and increase our parks and community meeting centers.
We have purchased our first "West End" Park on Floating Feather and Meridian Road.
We have also purchased new land for our Parks and Rec. Staff, to include a new community events building for Eagle events!
9. Increase community service opportunities to build a better city.
We offer our community the opportunity to volunteer their time and help with a number of events throughout the year.
10. Work with the Mayor and other committees to ensure Eagle regulations are followed.
We have continued to keep our city officails and staff focused on following all ordinances that have been established. And creating other ordinances to protect our community.
11. Partner with business and church entities to introduce them to our community residents.
We invite the valley churches the opportunity to attend and pray for our city each council meeting. And the opportunity to host City Events.
12. Promote Eagle as the city everyone wants to do business in and with!
This is shown by the way the City of Eagle has grown over the pat several years!
Other items that we have proudly supported and helped create:
1. Strongest Gas and Oil Fracking Ordinance in the Nation. (2018 - 2019)
2. Supported and stopped a cell tower from being placed in a residential area of the city. (Unfortunately, the Federal court has overturned the decision and is now allowing the tower to be constructed. We pray that an appeal can and will be made! (2018 - 2019)
3. Voted against height variance on several developing projects. (2018 - 2019)
4. Voted against multiple drive throughs in a single development. (2018 - 2019)
5. Registered the City of Eagle with a local Kiwanis group to help Eagle students. (2018 -2020)
6. Headed up new pilot program to bring VRT (the bus) to downtown Eagle for better transportation options for our community. (2018 -2020)
7. Supported a solar rebate program for local residents. (Pilot Program for 2019 - 2020)
8. Supported (Pilot Program 2019) providing Friday food service to our local senior residents. (Which has been suspended due to the lack of seniors using the program.)
9. Helped create an ITD TRUST FUND to keep Eagle dollars local for infrastructure upgrades. (2019)
10. Help create a Joint Work sessions with ACHD and ADA County Commissioners. (2019)
11. Supported the Purchase of Eagle Water for the City of Eagle residents. (Currently in the courts system. (2018 - 2021)
12. Supported Fire Impact Fee for Growth. (2019/2020)
13. Supported Police Impact Fee for Growth. (2019/2020)
14. Supported Small Business Workforce Committee (COVID Solutions - 2020)
15. Supported keeping Westpark in Eagle. We need a park on the west side of Eagle!
16. Helped provide financial funding for the Senior Center.
17. Supported City of Eagle purchasing Eagle Water Company.
(MORE TO FOLLOW!)
We appreciate your continued trust and support.
We look to the future and serving this wonderful community for many years to come!
With Respect and Blessings,
Eagle City Councilman
Serving the Eagle Community 2018 -2021 (2022 - ????)